30 DAYS FREE BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU AUSTIN AND CEDAR PARK - CLASSES & TRAINING PROGRAM
Welcome to the #1 Google Rated Brazilian Jiu Jitsu program in Texas…
Your Search For The Best Training and Most Friendly Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Gym in North Austin Has Ended. Discover How Our BJJ Classes Are The Only Ones To Build A World Champion From Scratch While Still Being Fun And Safe For Everyone.
If you’re wanting to learn the most effective ground martial art in a safe and fun environment, while getting into better shape, and receiving the highest level of instruction anywhere in the area then there is no better fit for you than John’s Gym Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes.
My name is John, and I’ll be your guide to better understanding what Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is and how our program can fit your goals and give you the confidence of a martial artist that fears no one.
Check out what some of our members are saying about training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at John's Gym
Josh Lost Over 20lbs In 3 MONTHS
We're Like A Family, Brother!
No Attitude, No Egos, Just Love To Train!
Whether you’re experienced and in great shape, or brand new – to Jiu Jitsu, to working out or you’re just uncertain about whether Jiu Jitsu might be right for you, we’ve got a class for you here.
Don’t think you need to be in shape to get started. A big misconception is you need to work out and achieve some level of fitness before taking classes. No way!
We have classes designed for everyone, from the person who’s never taken a fitness class to someone preparing for competition.
Here's a picture of some of us goofing around after a great training session.
BJJ is a tough martial art, but we keep it light and fun :-)
Our TEAM is an awesome mix of that young stud to the executive that just wants a fun way to stay fit and learn to defend him or herself.
We promise you no hype, no pressure – it’s not our style. Our gym is about community.
So Here’s What You Can Expect From Our Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Program And What It Will Do For You:
1. This is a BEGINNER FRIENDLY Academy. No brutes that are out to hurt you, just good people enjoying a fun martial art.
2. We cater to people who are with us simply to get into the best shape of their lives and to learn a practical self defense.
3. We have an active Brazilian Jiu Jitsu competition team if competing is your goal. We consistently have athletes that place first in each tournament we enter.
4. Stress Relief. It is like an active form of meditation. Your day won’t feel complete unless you get a training session in.
5. Flexibility. Even if you can’t touch your toes right now, you’ll soon be as flexible as a baby, yea, even you.
6. The ultimate in overall fitness Jiu Jitsu includes core, strength and cardio (aerobic and anaerobic) conditioning.
7. Age is not a factor. Of course we have a children’s program as well, but many think they are “over the hill” when they think of training in the martial arts. We helped a 51 year old who never did BJJ before become a World Champion.
8. Live a healthier lifestyle mentally, physically and emotionally.
9. Meet new like-minded friends who will last a lifetime You’re not trying out just your ordinary gym. Our instructor is passionate about Jiu Jitsu and it trickles down to the students. Best friends are created here.
10. We supply the motivation…. The #1 reason people get derailed from the “gym” is due to boredom. It can get boring trying to be the best at working out, so try a martial art that will give you the results you’re looking for far more rapidly. Our training sessions are never boring. Heck, you may not want to go home.
Well since you've read this far you obviously are interested in training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or Submission Wrestling so then the answer is simple, no other facility in our area has better or more qualified instructors, gives you 30 Days to try it out with NO RISK in a Cleaner and More Friendly environment. Shop around.
John’s Gym Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Program Is Active On The Local And National Tournament Scene!
The proof is in the pudding. The results are in. We are the ONLY team in the Austin and Cedar Park area that has taken a member from his first class to become a World Champion in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and he was in his 50’s!
Need another reason to simple try John's Gym, how about the “Most Amazing Offer” any local gym has had the courage to give.
What our current students are saying about the John's Gym Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Classes in Austin, TX
It’s no big secret…the key to staying in shape is consistency. And, the typical gyms can get very boring quite frankly. I mean, come on…let’s face it. Running on a treadmill for an hour is not very motivating or fun; it doesn’t engage your mind and body at the same time. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu kills the #1 fitness problem our country faces today which is lack of consistency which equals a lack of results.
Finally you can work out consistently because you actually enjoy the work out (so much so that you’ll often forget you are working out!), you learn an art that can save your life at the same time AND WE supply the motivation! It’s no wonder why the John’s Gym BJJ program is loved by so many.
So whether your goal is competition, or just to get in amazing shape and learn the most cutting-edge self-defense techniques available, you will be training with battle-tested, elite professionals who know the fastest, safest, and most engaging way to help you become the ultimate you.
Learning From The Best!
So, Here’s What I Want You To Do Now… Pick up that phone in your pocket, or if you don’t have a cell phone, find a phone :-) and call us at 512-547-6739 right now to set up your free introductory lesson! You have nothing to lose. It’s a few minutes out of your day and if you are serious about training in true Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, don’t cheat yourself by putting it off. Option #2… Put your name, e-mail address, and best phone number in the box below (how simple is that?) and WE will simply e-mail you back to set up your first FREE Class. Let’s do this!!! Can’t wait to see you on the mats!
P.S. You’ll feel welcome and comfortable the minute you walk through the door. Come experience the John's Gym BJJ difference. Our students LOVE our gym and we really care about the experience you have here. You’ll know right away if it’s for you. We’re so convinced that getting here is the hardest step – after all- we all procrastinate, especially about change – that we’re willing to make it so EASY you’ll say YES right now.
Known as Arte Suave or The Gentle Art, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) starts standing with the objective of either submitting your opponent standing or getting the opponent to the ground where BJJ techniques are most often applied. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu was developed so that the smaller or weaker opponent could defend themselves, and have an advantage through leverage, against the bigger and stronger opponent.
If you're a beginner you will start with a White Belt; from there, after every fourth stripe you receive on your belt, you move up a belt rank. Belt ranks for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu are as follows: White, Blue, Purple, Brown, Black, Red Belt. We have brazilian jiu jitsu fundamental classes twice a week, but as a white belt you're welcome to come to any BJJ classes
To maintain the integrity and be assured that you know how to defend yourself no matter what BJJ gym you visit, belts are not handed out very easily, it's an earned award. It can often take at least one year to move up to Blue Belt from White, and from 4-10+ yrs to achieve Black Belt status.